Here’s where to enjoy a perfect beach vacation after Labor Day
Did summer vacation pass you by? You’re in luck. September is the perfect time to plan a beach vacation close to 36棋牌. And what better place to escape than Port Aransas — Texas’s favorite playground?
Drop your bags at one of the many Port Aransas and get ready for some quality sun and fun time along Mustang Island’s 18 miles of sandy beaches. It won’t take long to discover why Port A gets top marks for its family-friendly beaches, fishing and other outdoor activities.
Enjoy a load of special events during the eight-week-long . Held September 13–October 30, this annual event is a must for music, food and culture lovers.
Throw down your support and check out the available for Texas Super Chef Throwdown Series!
Join the races and for Jailbreak Port Aransas Obstacle Course!
Rock on and for Port A Live Music Fest!
Military and Veteran Ticket Specials – Use code: HEROES19
Plan your trip around one (or more!) of the following Beachtoberfest events:
– Fishing for the Fallen Veterans Benefit Tournament (September 13–14). This fishing tournament benefits Patriot Outdoor Adventures, a volunteer-based organization that supports wounded warriors and their families.
– Texas Super Chef Throwdown Series (September 18–21). Support Texas chefs as they cook for a spot in the World Food Championships! Watch 30 top chefs from across Texas whip up their best over three nights at six different Port A restaurants.
Each night, chefs create dishes based on a theme. You get to sample the results! The event culminates with the Final Throwdown at Palmilla Beach Resort & Golf Community on September 21. !
– Jailbreak Port Aransas Obstacle Course (September 27–28). The first-ever in Port A features a challenging course even die-hard obstacle course racers will sweat over. The race features beach running and 20 obstacles. Compete for victory or for fun. The race kicks off at 9 a.m. at Horace Caldwell Pier at Port Aransas Beach.
– Port A Live Music Fest (October 4–5). The Second Annual features a dynamic lineup of musicians from across Texas. Check out six of Texas’s top bands as they jam on the main stage at Palmilla Beach Resort & Golf Community. When the sun goes down, head out to nine of Port A’s hottest music venues to catch an eclectic mix of over 20 bands.
– Old Town Fest (October 18–19). Celebrate Port A’s rich history, heritage and culture. Tour the 8 Wonders of Port Aransas, enjoy live music, sample yummy food and beverages and watch a parade through Old Town.
– Port A Surf Classic (October 19). The “Expression Session” features several categories of competitions, including adults, kids and canines. Local surfers come together to show their stuff and celebrate the sport. Costumes encouraged!
Year-Round Ways to Play
In addition to all the Beachtoberfest activities, you’ll find endless ways to play in Port A — or not. There’s nothing better than relaxing the days away on the beach.
Mustang Island offers 18 miles of , with soft sand for lounging and warm Gulf waters for cooling off. Take a stroll along the shore, paddle the Mustang Island State Park Paddling Trail or watch the fall bird migrations.
For adrenaline-pumping activity, make waves with watersports. Take a surfing lesson from local pro Morgan Faulkner of , balance on a boogie board or try parasailing, kiteboarding, standup paddleboarding or windsurfing.
If you’re into fishing, Port A is your place. In this region known as the “,” casual and serious anglers alike will find a perfect spot. Cast your line in the off-shore waters, piers, bays, jetties or surf.
All that swimming, fishing and sun-worshipping works up an appetite. Indulge in fresh seafood at one of the many . Stroll into an open-air eatery for a casual lunch, or get decked out in your summer best and enjoy a romantic dinner for two.
After dinner, grab a cocktail or catch some live music at one of Port A’s fun and funky taverns and clubs. Whether you’re looking for a dive bar or craft beer, you’ll find it here.
Before you head 36棋牌, make sure to stop in a few of Port A’s art galleries and boutiques. Browse locally made paintings, sculpture, jewelry and 36棋牌 accessories. Make time for a Port Aransas Museum visit to get a glimpse of the town’s colorful history.
Ready to get away? Discover America’s favorite beach town — Port Aransas/Mustang Island. For event information and to get Beachtoberfest tickets, visit .